Make the most of British crab while it’s in season. This simple and delicious linguine recipe is a bit of a treat but only takes minutes to whip up.
1 pot of half/half brown and white crab meat – we like this
A good glug of Italian olive oil
1 red chilli, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Half a glass of white wine
Handful of flat-leaf parsley
salt & pepper
1. Boil the kettle and get the pasta cooking until al dente.
2. Finely chop up the parsley stalks, garlic and chilli and gently fry in olive oil until soft.
3. Just as the garlic is turning golden, add the crabmeat and let all the flavours combine at a low heat.
4. Turn the heat up a touch, and add the wine. Leave the sauce to simmer and reduce for five mins before squeezing in the juice of the lemon and adding salt and pepper.
5. Drain the linguine, reserving a couple of spoons of the starchy water, and then toss the pasta in the sauce, loosening with the water as necessary.
6. Finally, chop up the leafy part of the parsley and sprinkle this through onto the linguine, before serving with a wedge of lemon.
Words by Chloe Francklin. The Iris Letter May 2016.