We have all been told a million times to eat our greens, but now it’s time to get golden yellow into our diets. This January why not add some colour into your breakfast with this turmeric latte.
Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory, but can also help us digest fat faster, and combined with the healing powers of manuka honey, this caffeine free alternative to coffee will make sure you have a bright day.
Ingredients for 1 latte:
½ a tsp of ground turmeric
½ tsp of ground cinnamon or a cinnamon stick
small piece of fresh ginger finely grated
1 large cup of coconut and almond milk
1 heaped tsp of manuka honey
1. Combine the turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and coconut and almond milk in a small saucepan and heat gently until it is simmering.
2. Stir in the honey and bring the golden liquid to a boil.
3. Take off the heat and pour into a blender.
4. Whizz for 2-3 minutes before pouring into a mug.
5. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper and add more honey to taste.
Words by Chloe Francklin, The Iris Letter January 2018.